Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Mardi Gras Mask, a Viking helmet and a Mission!




Wow That's Creepy
  So, there I was, trying to promote a dinner dance for my school and things weren’t going as well as I had planned. The club’s big idea to attend and “take over” the school club fair had failed pretty epically and with the dance three days away things were looking pretty morbid. 


Therefore, I kicked my pride to the curb put on a bright pink, Mardi Gras mask, a Viking helmet, and tried to cover the fact that the button of my pants had popped off earlier in the day with my shirt, grabbed another WOCC Viking Radio station club member and entered the busy cafeteria.


Odd thing about college is that until you stand up on a chair and shout for people’s attention, they don’t pay much attention to you; even if you are dressed like someone in a Pulp Fiction rendition of The Phantom of the Opera.  But once you do and all eyes are on you, it would look even dumber to chicken out. So, I scream at the top of my lungs my announcement of the Anything But Clothes Dinner Dance going on at Ocean County College Friday, March 11, from 6 p.m.-11 p.m. to benefit the Lakewood Outreach Ministry and then hop off the chair and run out of the cafeteria, plastic tomahawk and shield in the air yelling my Viking battle cry. 


I turn around once I’m out of the cafeteria and wonder how long it had taken to be ditched by the person I had walked in with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment