Friday, March 4, 2011

Blown off by my own Grandma?

I call my Grandma this morning to tell her I will be coming to see her. First, I call her, she answers the phone and she can't hear me. I'm screaming, "Hi! Can you hear me? Can you hear me?"

All I get in return is, "Hello? Hello?"


So, I hung up, which I felt bad doing, but she couldn't hear me anyway.
I wait a few minutes and then call back. (The facility she is in does not let her call out. She can only receive calls.) She answers and this time she can hear me!
This is the conversation that follows.


"Hi! How are you? Did I wake you?"
"No. Did you just call me?"
"Yes, that was me. You couldn't hear me."
"Sorry, it's this darn phone wire. Can hardly hear anybody. What are you doing?"
"I'm on my way to school..."
"Oh, ok! Well, have a good day. I love you. Goodbye."
She hangs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment